Polish Festival Seattle, after being forced to sit out its annual showcase at the Seattle Center in July this year, invites you to virtual Polish Christmas featuring Wigilia, Polish Christmas Eve traditions. Streaming from Facebook, YouTube and the Festival website from 2-5 PM PST. A series of short videos will tell the story of wigilia, show how to make traditional dishes, feature crafts, music and more. All brought to you during this time of social distancing by the creativity and generosity of Polish community members and friends from the Seattle area and the PNW.
The program will include the following attractions, not necessarily in this order:
- Story of Polish Christmas Eve / Wigilia
- Cooking demos, including for borscht with uszka, fish (ryba po grecku), kutia, pierniczki, pierogi, makowiec, bigos, and more!
- Honey spice liqueur / Miodówka making demo by Polish highlanders / górale in full regalia
- Plenty of Christmas music, including Chopin’s Scherzo in B-minor with the motif from the traditional lullaby carol Lulajże Jezuniu, Silent Night / Cicha Noc with Knife in the Water jazz trio, Hey Ziuta! rock band, and of course carols by our local choir Vivat Musica!.
- Traditional Christmas ornament making demos and a holiday card making demo.
Check the full list of attractions at the Polish Festival Seattle page: 2020 Virtual Festival Polish Holiday Traditions
This event will be streaming from the Polish Festival Seattle Facebook page