The We Are The History Keepers! workshop on preserving history, both for families and organizations, changes its formula and switches to shorter, 2-hour monthly sessions tackling a single topics . These will be all online interactive sessions on a Saturday before noon.
The first session in the series covers the basic topic of What to Throw Away and What to Keep. This is how the organizers describe the content of this session:
Start the new year with a bit of organizing! Join us for a session on evaluating your collections and determining what to preserve. We will provide some guiding questions and strategies to help you manage your papers, photos, digital files, books, and other historical materials.
The workshop schedule is as follows:
- 1/30/2021 What to Throw Away and What to Keep
- 2/27/2021 Managing and Preserving Digital Files
- 3/27/2021 Caring for and Digitizing Legacy Audio-Visual Materials
- 4/14/2021 Conducting Family History Research Using Archives & Special Collections
- 5/22/2021 Records Management for Organizations
To register, follow this google document.
More: The program of the first five sessions, from January to May, 2021 can be found on the We Are History Keepers site.
January 30, 2021 - 10:00 am