The We Are The History Keepers! workshop on preserving history, both for families and organizations, changes its formula and switches to shorter, 2-hour monthly sessions tackling a single topics . These are all online interactive sessions on a Saturday before noon.
This is the second session in the series. The organizers describe content of this session as follows:
Okay, so you know what to do with your physical collections, but what about digital files? Instructors will go over the unique challenges of preserving digital materials, including the importance of moving your files off of external storage media, like CD-ROMs, where to store them, and the best file formats to use for long-term preservation.
The workshop schedule is as follows: :
- 1/30/2021 What to Throw Away and What to Keep
- 2/27/2021 Managing and Preserving Digital Files
- 3/27/2021 Caring for and Digitizing Legacy Audio-Visual Materials
- 4/14/2021 Conducting Family History Research Using Archives & Special Collections
- 5/22/2021 Records Management for Organizations
All meetings on Saturdays at 10 am. To register, follow this google document.
More: The program of the first five sessions, from January to May, 2021 can be found on the We Are History Keepers site.
February 27, 2021 - 10:00 am