Update: GiveBIG extended till May 10, 2021! I you’d like to participate in this campaign, this is your last chance!
Beginning of May is the traditional time for the big fundraising push known for years as GiveBIG – so please get your wallets ready! Seattle Polish Foundation (SPF) invites you to participate in this year’s Polish community fundraiser.
This annual Seattle event is now called GiveBIG Washington and it has a new website, Washington Gives. As usual, SPF and other local Polish organizations launched a community-wide fundraiser at the GiveBIG site to benefit different local Polish events and initiatives.
Please check out this list of different community goals for this fundraiser
As usual, you can donate to support your favorite causes:
- Polish Home Association – Dom Polski – our hub and anchor for over 100 years
- Polish Festival Seattle – the biggest Polish event in the City, part of the Seattle Center Festal
- Seattle Polish Film Festival – the second oldest Polish FF in the USA (after Chicago)
- UW Polish Studies – supporting Polish Studies at the UW
- Young Polanie Polish Dance Group – a young adult group is starting under new management
- Polish Schools in Bellevue and Seattle – teaching Polish to children and adults
- Polish Scouts’ camps & youth programs – keeping Polish language and scouting traditions in the Pacific NW
- SGSCA scholarship & exchange programs – sponsoring Gdynia students coming to Seattle and more
- SPF Cultural Events Fund – supporting concerts, exhibitions and the like
- SPF Medical and Emergency Fund – most recently used for COVID-19 relief
- Or you can donate to the SPF General Fund
Please donate! The pandemic was difficult for many members of our community so we don’t ask for much – if you can spare $25, it would be plenty. However, if your financial situation allows, please support our local Polish community causes through SPF and GiveBIG as much as you can. Your generosity helps all of us! The campaign days are May 4 & 5, 2021, but the early giving is already open.
Share this page! Please send this info to all your friends! Or choose one or two of your favorite causes or organizations and directly contact all your friends and family members that may share your passion for supporting the specific goals. It usually works better if you include a personal note of why this cause is important for you.
Fees. Please be aware that the GiveBIG site charges a 4.9% processing fee. To avoid paying the fee, please see here how to donate to Seattle Polish Foundation directly. This is the most cost effective way to apply your generosity towards your favorite Polish cause.
More: the GiveBIG Washington website. You can search for “Polish” from the top to find the Seattle Polish Foundation page, just remember to click on “See All” to see the description of all 9 different fundraising goals.