The Museum of the Moving Image and the Polish Cultural Institute New York present a program of five non-fiction movies Millennium Docs Against Gravity NYC.
Few national cinemas have authored and challenged definitions of nonfiction film more persistently than Polish cinema. From Marcel Łoziński and Krzysztof Kieślowski to Anna Zamecka and Michał Marczak, the legacy of Polish nonfiction is long and consistently dynamic, led by both observational and narrative impulses, anthropological rigor and hybridized transgression. Founded nearly two decades ago, Millennium Docs Against Gravity has developed into the largest documentary film festival in Poland, and thus, thanks to the volume and consistently high quality of Polish nonfiction, one of the most important documentary festivals in the world.
The program presents five movies:
- In Touch (2018, 61′), dir. Paweł Ziemilski
- Lessons of Love / Lekcje miłości (2019, 73′), dir. Małgorzata Goliszewska, Kasia Mateja
- Marek Edelman … And There Was Love in The Ghetto / Marek Edelman … i była miłość w getcie (2019, 79′), dir. Jolanta Dylewska, Andrzej Wajda
- Symphony of the Ursus Factory / Symfonia Fabryki Ursus (2018, 60 min), dir. Jaśmina Wójcik
- The Whale From Lorino / Wieloryb z Lorino (2018, 70′), dir. Maciej Cuske
More: MOMI detailed program description
Tickets $5 per movie or $20 for a pass for all five movies.
Update: this event has been extended until December 20, 2020.
December 9, 2020 - 12:00 am
December 20, 2020 - 11:59 pm