The 2021 Polish community-wide giving campaign coordinated by Seattle Polish Foundation and run as part of the GiveBIG was an unprecedented success! Almost $21,000 has been collected and this total does not include corporate matching, so the final amount will increase. All the campaigns at GiveBIG together received over $17mln.
Our community success is first of all due to extraordinary efforts by Bohdan Raciborski and Magdalena Wysocka who mounted a vigorous and inventive campaign on behalf of the Polish Home Association. PHA received over $15,000 in donations, reaching many new donors and leaving last year’s results in the dust. This result includes a notable $5,000 matching gift that PHA received directly from the Polish American Chamber of Commerce Pacific NW.
Other organizations also did significantly better than the last year, collecting over $6,000 for different goals that the Polish community put forth for this year’s campaign. The following is the list of the donations received by different goals listed on the SPF campaign page at the GiveBIG website.
- $15,340 Polish Home Association – Dom Polski:
- $ 1,285 SPF General Fund
- $ 1,250 UW Polish Studies
- $ 1,185 SPF Cultural Fund
- $ 550 Local Polish Schools / SPF Educational Fund
- $ 525 Young Polanie Polish Folk Dance Group
- $ 500 Polish Festival Seattle
- $ 225 SGSCA Exchange & Scholarship Programs
- $ 200 ZHP Polish Scouts Camps & Youth Programs
- $ 25 Polish Film Festival
- $ 10 SPF Medical and Emergency Fund
Many donations were in memory of the members of the community such as Martha Golubiec, Isia Kott or Tom Podl. Please see the lists of donors and honorees, as well as different statistics in the full report here.