Last year, the Polish Festival at the Seattle Center was cancelled due to COVID-19. This year, we are not out of the woods yet, but the Festival will happen!
You can participate in the Festival in several different ways:
- Watch the Festival streaming program starting at 11 am. The main video, Dressed for Celebration, will showcase Polish national costumes and performances recorded for this year’s festival by the Lajkonik Dance Group (Arizona) and the Masurian Song and Dance Ensemble Ełk (Poland)
- Attend the vodka tasting event at the Polish Cultural Center Dom Polski. This perennial festival crowd pleaser will be available at 4 different sessions on July 10, but you better make your reservation online! It is also a fundraiser for the festival, so cheers to a good cause! read more here
- Attend the traditional Polish embroidery workshop, also on July 10 at the Polish Cultural Center with 3 different sessions to choose from. This is a fundraiser for the Young Polanie dance group. read more here
- Buy a festival T-shirt or a hoodie. You need to order it online. T-shirts come in batches: orders filed by a Thursday are shipped on Friday a week later. You can order till the end of July. read more here.
- Volunteer! The festival is smaller this year, but many volunteers are needed – especially for the vodka tasting event. That event needs about 30 volunteers for room setup, door and check-in staff, kitchen helpers making hors d’oeuvres and cleanup. Please contact Alisa at [email protected]