Polish Festival Seattle returns to the Seattle Center Armory and the Mural Amphitheater this year. This year is also the 10th anniversary of the festival – it started in 2012, yeah!
The festival will open with a parade from the Mural Amphitheatre to the Armory Food & Event Hall at 12 p.m. There will be the usual attractions – folk group performances, a Chopin concert, exhibitions, movies, workshops, Polish food and a beer garden as well as booths with arts and craft vendors and different organizations.
The highlights are below, the festival schedule is here.
- Pianist Laure Struber-Mosnier in a Chopin concert
- The Lajkonik Polish Folk Ensemble from Tuscon, AZ
- Zabavva rock band from Portland, OR – current and recent Polish music hits
- Polish Choir Vivat Musica! from Seattle
- Barvinok Ukrainian Dance Ensemble from Seattle – invited guests this year
- Singing in the Rain band presenting Ukrainian music – invited guests this year
- Polish Posters from the Tom Podl Collection
- Ukrainian Posters
- Polish Wings in WWII
- Polish Military Artifacts
- Solidarity Movement
Documentary movies include
- Spitfire Liberator, biopic about pilot Alex Herbst
- Passing the Torch, the 100th Years of the Polish Home Association of Seattle
Food and drink highlights
- Vodka tasting – this crowd favorite is coming back, too
- Polish Festival food booth w/ pierogi, gołabki, Polish sausages, potato pancakes w/ stew, potato pancakes w/ applesauce
- Beer Garden w/ variety of Polish beers
- Desserts – homemade desserts prepared by the local Polish Culinary Workshop group
Volunteers needed! Please see the festival volunteer page
About Polish Festival Seattle and Seattle Polish Foundation
Polish Festival Seattle (PFS) is produced by Seattle Polish Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization with support from Polish Home Association and Polish American community. Established in 2000, Seattle Polish Foundation is the main Polish American charity in Seattle and Washington State. About 5,000 to 10,000 people attend Polish Festival Seattle, organized by more than 200 volunteers. Information on the festival is available at polishfestivalseattle.org and www.seattlecenter.com, as well as on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
More: Polish Festival website
July 9, 2022 - 12:00 pm